Focus on Health
Healthwise® Knowledgebase: Your source for informed decisions
Healthwise® Knowledgebase is an online health library. It can help you make informed health decisions. You can find answers to questions like:
- When do I treat a health problem at home?
- When should I call a doctor?
- What are my treatment options?
The Healthwise Knowledgebase offers access to information on 6,000 health topics, 600 medical tests and procedures, 500 support groups and 3,000 medications. It’s also available in both English and Spanish. You can find it on My Online Services.
This resource offers these tools to help you make informed decisions:
Learning Centers give health information, from allergies to workplace health. This is also a good resource for parents and guardians and covers topics like:
- Teen health
- Children’s health
- Pregnancy and child birth
- Infant and toddler health
You can find details about health issues and illnesses. There is also information on medical tests and drugs. And the Learning Centers take you through the steps of making an informed decision and taking action.
Interactive Tools are easy-to-use personal calculators. You enter information to learn facts that can help you make smart decisions about you health:
- Health & Fitness Tools help you find out your target heart rate. You can also determine whether your BMI is affecting health, what health risk assessments you need and more.
- Lifestyle Checkup Tools help you manage issues like smoking, stress, drinking too much and depression.
- Pregnancy Tools help figure out peak fertility times and due dates. It also shows the 9-month growth of a fetus.
Symptom Checker will tell you what a symptom could mean. It also offers advice for prevention, home treatment and related information.
Health Decision Tools take you through the steps of choosing the best path for you regarding surgery, medical tests, drugs, health issues and support groups.